We love a strong, red lip. It instantly vamps up your look & is the quickest way to detract from tired mum eyes. Day or night, trust us, it’s time to go bold with your lips. But which one to choose? We asked make up artist to the stars, Donna Clitheroe (below), for her top tips on how we get the perfect red pout.
For sallow skin tones with yellow undertones like Bertie go for bluey or orangey reds.
Also look at your lip colour. Gemma has a blue tone to her lips (I knew that sleep deprivation would show somewhere!) so should avoid bluey reds & go for coral or browny reds.
Donna’s top 5 tips:
- Always use a brush. You get a much neater finish.
- You don’t need to use a separate lip liner.
- Start on the bottom lip at the middle & work your way out to the corners. On the top lip start at the outer corner and work in.
- Blot with tissue which removes the oil but leaves the stain then reapply to put back the velvety finish.
- Check your teeth before leaving the house!!
Donna’s top 5 reds: